Sunday, June 14, 2009

Introducing. . .

Loyda, a 15-year-old Guatemalan student who will live with us for a year!

She arrived very late Tuesday night, and it feels like we're living in a game show as we try to communicate with each other - guessing, gesturing, cheering for the correct answer. The children already LOVE her, but have begun asking me to ask her this and that on their behalf. She doesn't speak English, let alone the southern toddler dialect.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

jason and jen said...

I am so excited that you decided to do this! I have been wondering what your decision would be and it seems the Lord clearly showed you what He wanted!!! I know your kids are going to love it! I would love to get together sometime soon...let's make July our goal month!

Anonymous said...

Wow Amy, this is cool... how did you get into this?

Heidi

Amy said...

www.gssg-usa.org is the hosting organization we are working with. There is a need for host families all over the US!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin