Loyda calls us Mami and Papi. I lobbied for "Dad," since that's what the children call him, and we already have a Poppy and a Papa. Papi came more naturally; however, and that's what stuck.
Often, Randy will tell Loyda something or do something and she will exclaim in amazement, "My Papi is so SMART!" As if he just invented sliced bread. What great wisdom is he imparting? Stuff like this: (drum roll, please)
He sprinkled sand on our walkway when it was snowy!
Gasp! "My Papi is so smart!"
So now, it's like a little contest between us and small victory to get that amusing pat on the back, even if it's not an original idea.
It's not all for Randy, either. I was cutting coupons, and heard, "Mami, you are so smart!" I made Paula Deen's Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese and heard, (squeal) "Oh, Mami, I love you! Thank you!" Now that kind of reception makes you want to cook all the time, doesn't it?
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Aawww....that's just so sweet, just like your precious babies-growing-up-to-be big kids are!
That is so neat! She has her own love titles for both of you!
This cracked me up - C. and I both like to be Top Banana :)
Post a Comment