Friday, October 10, 2008

Candyland

Have you seen my candy wrapper decoupage bucket?

This project was from an old Martha Stewart magazine (around 12+ years ago, I think). It's on the website now, so it must have staying power. I pull this cute bucket out every year around Halloween. It doesn't hold much candy, but it's so cute to display or hand out treats from!

Right now, it's not a good idea to leave a bucket of candy out in plain sight at our house. Even the pine cones are really tempting to play with. I do love the look of the crayons in Martha's picture above! This idea might have some fun potential for the playroom once it's safe to bring crayons out of hiding.

Speaking of candy, I had a hair appointment last night. The children asked Randy if I was at a party, since the last time I went out alone was to a ladies' social. Randy told them that I was going to get my hair cut. Ellie said, "Meesa Jeff?" Ethan smiled and said, "Lollipop? Mommy lollipop?" It amazes me how they remember details and put things together. No, Mr. Jeff did not give me a lollipop when my haircut was complete. He would have if I had asked, though.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That is so cute! I haven't seen these before but you are right, you can do so much with it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin