Don't you find the best stuff when you're not really looking? This is a great storage piece with one large drawer and a big cabinet below. But wait, there's more! It also has a hinged top that flips open to reveal a black laminate surface! The guys helping me load it seemed to think that was a really cool feature, since they all wanted to make sure I knew about it.
At first, I envisioned it with a coat of paint.
Then I decided that it was in excellent condition just with a cleaning, touch up and new bling. The original hardware was shiny brass and had long scrollwork backplates on the knobs.
The new hardware is similar with a bail pull (since the holes are best suited for this style), but in oil rubbed bronze, plus simple knobs. What fun to find such a great piece that didn't require an overhaul!!

No comments:
Post a Comment