Sunday, August 2, 2009

Spectacular Saturday in Pictures

When I read June's call for Day in Photos posts, I thought, "That would be fun to do, but we're just running errands." (Those are my favorite days, by the way, since the children soak up "Daddy day" and are generally better-behaved.)
The day started like any other Saturday.



After Helen of Troy died, I found a replacement (Revlon is made by Helen of Troy, FYI - doh!), only to promptly return it because it sounded like there was a loose connection. Randy said, "If you use it every day, you might want something other than the cheapest one you can find." So, I have been happily enjoying my new hair dryer. I don't know what ions and ceramic have to do with frizz or drying hair, but it's a good one.


I was feeling sassy, so I used my newest sparkly eyeshadow. Nothing says, "I'm a good mom out running errands on an overcast Saturday!" like an eyeshadow set called "Get Baked."


The family headed out for errands and noticed that the artist commune we pass frequently was having an event. Naturally, we pulled over to check it out! It's a gallery in an old gas station building.

Didn't know this was their specialty! Could just picture the children tweaking them, in the same way that they hugged and patted the head of a 3 foot tall statue of some saint in a Catholic school lobby we visited, nearly giving the receptionist a heart attack. There were a few more ladies inside - breakable and expensive. It started to creep me out to wonder if they were an actual cast of someone's torso.

There was nature art, too. Randy really liked the nuclear wasteland, I mean, tree. I didn't.

The seam ripper caused me to run back to the car for my wallet. It's just gorgeous! I read recently about surrounding yourself with things that you find beautiful. I love practicality and beauty wrapped up in one neat little package. As I was waiting to buy the seam ripper, I spotted the rolling pins. Also gorgeous!! I don't have a long one, so this came home with me, too!

Next stop was a quick run here to look for shutters inspired by this post at The Inspired Room.

Voila! Check out that blue!!! More on this later!

No pictures were taken in the next portion of our Saturday because I didn't think to do it. Also didn't want to be mistaken for paparazzi. We headed over to The Village Deli where I had a fantastic chicken salad plate. As I was enjoying my super-yummy chicken salad, I noticed that Randy was borderline staring at some people who were in line. I started staring, too, because the girl's hair color was awesome, and I'm starting to notice good highlights around town. As it turns out, Randy wasn't checking out the girl, but trying to catch the eye of the guy she was with, since he knows and follows this PGA player.

Watch battery, wait in the car, get out of the car to take 2 children to the potty in the jewelry store, "Why did you say you had to go, if you don't really have to go?," blah, blah, blah. On the road again, we followed this lame-driving dude for too long. (I have a blog, and I'm not afraid to use it!)


When we arrived at our next destination, I found this Tim Gunn-approved gem



at a highly palatable price. It doesn't photograph well, but it is awesome!


Thought of our friends Rich and Jenn on the ride home. Congratulations on their new baby girl!

Wished that I could eat this for dinner.

There is no picture of me sorting through my closet to determine what fits again and what needs to be removed from my closet.

There is also no picture of Bob Marley who helped me pretend that I was on a tropical vacation until I fell asleep.

I didn't think we'd see anything good today!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin